Windsor Barra Hotel
Avenida Lucio Costa, 2630 Barra da Tijuca
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL
Tel.: (21) 2195.5000 Fax: (21) 2195.5050
The Windsor Barra hotel will host the 5th edition of the WasteEng Conference Series, WasteEng2014.
The Windsor Barra hotel is located in the southwest area of Rio, in the region of Barra da Tijuca (which means “Swamp Sandbank”). Barra da Tijuca is not only characterized by large beaches, lakes and rivers but it has become one of the most important economic, cultural and administrative centers in Brazil.
Some distances from the hotel:
- Galeão International Airport: 35 minutes by cab without traffic – 24 km
- Santos Dumont Domestic Airport: 37 minute by cab without traffic – 20 km
- Corcovado’s Train Station: 26 minutes by cab or 1 hour and 50 minutes by bus
- Sugar Loaf Cable Car: 31 minutes by cab or 1 hour and 45 minutes by bus
- Copacabana: 36 minutes by cab – 22 km
The Welcome Reception will take place at the Windsor Barra Hotel on Sunday Aug. 24, 2014 at 5 pm. Before attending the Welcome Reception, please get yourself registered and receive your conference badge. The registration desk will open at 4 pm on Sunday Aug. 24.
The Gala Dinner will take place at the Windsor Barra Hotel on Wednesday Aug. 27, 2014 at 7 pm.
How to get from the international airport to the conference venue
1. Either you may buy a ticket inside the terminal for special cabs at a pre-determined price which is a little higher than the regular yellow cabs.
2. Or you can take a yellow cab in front of the terminal and pay the driver according to the meter.
By bus and taxi:
You can board the bus in front of the arrivals section on both terminals of the airport.
Rio’s Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) service connects the International Airport (Tom Jobim) to Barra da Tijuca (Terminal Alvorada) – please see the orange line on the BRT map. It is an express line 24 h service. From Terminal Alvorada to the Conference hotel it takes about 10 minutes by cab (6 km) or by regular bus.