Information to authors
Registration and Full Paper Submission Opening : March 3, 2014
Deadline for Full Paper Submission: extended to JULY 24, 2014 – Please note that there will be no guarantee that fullpapers uploaded after this date will be included in the proceedings.
Full Paper Guidelines
Full papers must be written in English and not exceed 16 pages (including the title page). Please use the template provided below.
First page includes:
- Title (times 14, in capitals): A concise and informative title
- The name(s) of the author(s) (In capitals, ie. F. J. DAVIS). Please mark affiliation of different authors with numbers; if an author has several affiliations, please separate numbers with a comma. Please mark the corresponding author with an “*” before the affiliations.
- The affiliation(s) and address(es) of the author(s)
- The e-mail address and telephone number of the corresponding author.
- Keywords: Please provide 4 to 6 keywords which can be used for indexing purposes.
- Abstract: Please provide a structured abstract of 150 to 250 words which should be divided into the following sections:
Page 2 to 16, include:
- Purpose (stating the main purposes and research question)
- Main conclusions
- Literature references (see template)
Specifications for the electronic file format
The full paper must be submitted as a PDF file. Scanned PDF files are not allowed.
The file must be created using a PDF distiller, all fonts must be embedded. The file must neither contain any form of security, nor bookmarks, nor links, nor multiple files in a single PDF file.
Please note that your PDF file must not exceed 3MB.
WasteEng2014 – Oral Guidelines
1. Platform Schedule
The platform sessions will be conducted in three concurrent daytime tracks. The programme states the session to which your paper has been assigned and the day the session is scheduled. The specific time assigned to your presentation is also indicated.
2. Planning your Oral Presentation
o Oral Standard Presentation:
Papers will be scheduled at 20-minute intervals, and the session chairs will enforce the time limit for each paper. Plan to speak for about 15 minutes, leaving 3 minutes for questions and 2 minutes for transition to the next speaker. No extension of the time set for presentation can be accepted. In fact, as there will be three parallel sessions, participants should have the possibility to go between parallel sessions.
o Oral Keynote Presentation:
30-minute presentation. Plan to speak for about 25 minutes, leaving 5 minutes for questions and transition to the next speaker.
o Oral Flash Presentation + Poster:
5-minute presentation and 2 minutes for transition. Please prepare FIVE SLIDES MAXIMUM for your presentation. Questions will be dealt with during the poster session. Therefore please stand by your poster during the poster session.
3. Speaker/Chair Meetings
The names of session chairs are displayed in the programme. The presentation of the speaker by the chairman will follow a specific procedure, which will be communicated soon to the speakers. Speakers should report to the chairman before the beginning of the session.
4. Preparation of Visuals
Each platform session room will be equipped with a Video projector, a computer and necessary peripherals to support PowerPoint and Acrobat Reader. Please check before the session starts that your presentation works and be sure that graphic design and text size are big enough to allow comfortable reading. To make the presentation collection easier, please upload it on site as soon as possible or in the morning of your session at the latest.
For presentation upload, please use the following format: Abstract identification number-session-author name.
Note: No modems or Internet connections will be provided in the sessions rooms. Plan to bring with you a backup copy of your file.
WasteEng2014 – Poster Guidelines
1. Poster Format and Number
You are requested to display your poster Sunday or Monday morning for the full-time exhibition. You will find your reserved place by referring to your ABSTRACT NUMBER. Authors are asked to stand by their posters during the sessions allocated for this purpose, so that they can answer questions.
The poster requested is A0 FORMAT (84 cm × 119 cm) in portrait format.
The material required to display your posters will be provided onsite.
The poster must contain the following sections:
- Title of the contribution
- Author list and detailed contacts, corresponding author
- Context of the work
- Materials and Methods
- Results and Discussion
- Conclusions and Perspectives
- Selected literature references
3. Quality of the production
Please make sure the characters are big enough to allow comfortable reading and the colors clear enough to highlight your work.